[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Mar 6 05:50:12 UTC 2009

>> So I've added support (not yet committed) for caching an
>> application's full config array, but not the base horde config.
>
> I'm still in favor to keep this in the session until we have a smarter
> policy architecture. The config is not really that huge of a dataset,
> compared to the registry and the prefs.

I disagree with the size issue.  In IMP, on a page that accesses turba
for example, the total cache size (serialized arrays) would be 10 KB:
approx 7 KB for IMP data and 3 KB+ for turba.  So not only are you
toting around that extra 3 KB+ of data in the session that is not used
on most pages in IMP, but that is 7 KB that could be shared memory
instead of residing in each user's session.  10 KB is a big deal for
me.  And, as previously stated, horde config data can never be cached.

As for the Horde_Policy part - sounds great.  But until this is
completed, I can't assume that it will be a part of Horde 4.  And when
it is finished, the framework is now in place to easily cache this data.

michael