[dev] [commits] Horde-Hatchery branch master updated.

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Mar 14 20:51:19 UTC 2009

>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Which is quite annoying if you have many changes in your config
>>> files, unless you diff *all* of them *before* updating, which is no
>>> less annoying.
>>
>> Since I have a pretty strong opinion about this, does anybody veto if
>> I'm going to revert this?
>
> Yes - because I feel strongly in the opposite direction.  Ease of
> reading for admins is much more important.
>
> Comparing config files to dist files is something that can be easily
> done via a small script.  Would have the added bonus of allowing
> scanning all config dirs at the same time.

I think the point is that the revision numbers allow us to know
exactly which version of the config file we are comparing against.
This becomes especially useful/important if there are lots of changes
from the default.  i.e. I just want to know if there were any new
options added (or removed) between the time I last updated my config
file and the latest *.dist file in the repository...and know the
difference between those changes and the changes that I introduced to
a default value. Otherwise, there is no way of knowing which version
of the *.dist file the current *.php file is based on.  Put another
way, I can look at my *.php file, then go to cvs.horde.org and see
what has been changed between my version and the latest.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)