[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs LICENSES horde/services/csstidy class.csstidy.php class.csstidy_optimise.php class.csstidy_print.php data.inc.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 15 15:16:18 UTC 2009

> Well, first of all we should try to *not* modify the code. :-) If we
> want to make the code a part of Horde, i.e. we don't want track the
> external code by refreshing our version with external updates, then we
> should try to ask the original author whether we can integrate his
> code under our own license and copyright. As a final resort we do it
> like you said. I'm not sure if this has to be written down, I'm fine
> with having that as an unwritten policy.

I agree on not changing code like this. I'm coming late and piecemeal
to this, but I think if we're going to have 3rd-party code in the
repository we should try to be consistent; probably with a vendor/
directory. Ideally it would contain PEAR packages too; if we're going
to bundle some PHP-code dependencies, we should imo bundle all of them.

-chuck