[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/locale/en_US help.xml horde/lib/LoginTasks/Task TosAgreement.php horde/templates/logintasks logintasks.html horde/config conf.xml prefs.php.dist horde/docs CHANGES UPGRADING framework/Maintenance Maintenance.php package.xml horde/services ...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 24 21:24:37 UTC 2009

> slusarz     2009-06-24 17:13:28 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     locale/en_US         help.xml
>     config               conf.xml prefs.php.dist
>     docs                 CHANGES UPGRADING
>   Added files:
>     lib/LoginTasks/Task  TosAgreement.php
>     templates/logintasks logintasks.html
>     services             logintasks.php
>   Removed files:
>     Maintenance          Maintenance.php package.xml
>     services             maintenance.php
>     templates/maintenance maintenance.html
>   Log:
>   Convert from Maintenance:: -> Horde_LoginTasks::.

So it looks like I am able to salvage a bit of the old maintenance
code.  Although it has been drastically rewritten and renamed to a
more appropriate title: LoginTasks.  Biggest difference - do all
configuration about intervals and stuff inside of the Task drivers
rather than relying the main library to read specifically crafted pref
names.  Also allows us to track last logins by app, rather than horde
as a whole (useful if a user logs in to one app in a session, i.e.
imp, but not another, i.e. kronolith).  Finally, the tos agreement
task best lives in Horde-proper, not just IMP.  Still TODO: need to
add the logintasks code to all other apps that potentially can do
authentication (which I think is just gollem) and to horde itself.

Rewrite was necessary for the work I am doing on the multiple accounts
code in IMP.  The only practical way to login to other accounts is via
a logintask, and the old code was so crufty it was darn near
impossible. (storing passwords in prefs is not going to be an option
and although I will probably eventually allow on-demand signons - i.e.
if you skip the initial login you can still login per account later -
but this is a bit cumbersome for more than one account).   This new
code should allow me to continue work on that topic.

michael