[dev] Word of warning - PHP 5.2.10

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Jun 26 16:35:52 UTC 2009

Just a word of warning - I have seen some major broken issues with the
PHP 5.2.10 + APC combination.  With this setup, using the memcache
pecl module (either the 2.2.5 or 3.0.4 version), PHP is throwing some
strange errors such as:

2009-06-26 10:28:25: (mod_fastcgi.c.2618) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal
error:  Undefined class constant 'MEMCACHE_MAX_SIZE' in
[...]/horde/framework/Memcache/lib/Horde/Memcache.php on line 345

That line is perfectly fine (this is from git code).  This is a major
regression, and is confirmed by me to be fixed by either turning off
APC or downgrading to 5.2.9.

I ran into some of the same issues with 5.3.0RC4, although APC
probably isn't yet designed to work with 5.3 so that doesn't bother me
as much.

Yuck.

michael