[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Jul 10 16:56:15 UTC 2009

>>    Horde core framework package import into Git from CVS HEAD
>>
>>    Named core framework package Core - makes more sense to me then
>>    framework since technically, Core is part of the framework.
>>    Also, split out Release into a separate package since 99.9% of users
>>    don't need this package.
>
> I agree about framework not really making sense, but if the package
> is Core, shouldn't the classes be named Horde_Core_*?

IMHO, no.  As for Horde:: - we have app-specific "master" utility
libraries called IMP::, Turba::, etc. that naming it Horde_Core::
doesn't make sense.  And I think at this point moving from something
like Registry:: -> Horde_Core_Registry:: is too much overkill.

The package that contains the core files needs to be named *something*
- I don't think we have to incorporate that name in the class names
robotically.

michael