[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 9af768a7e621122e0ed7d8a21e4535450cd34d14

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jul 14 16:35:21 UTC 2009

> How about what I did instead? I couldn't see any reason to use the
> singleton/factory there - we never pass parameters to IMP_Auth and
> Gollem_Auth.

Well - we may need a singleton at some point, although we may not use
it right now.  I guess that is something that could be added back in
the future.

The other minor concern is how we call application authentication from
user code - since as currently planned, an application's auth driver
will be instantiated from the new login page.  Calling a class like:

$class = $app . '_Auth';
$ob = new $class;

is less preferable to me than:

$ob = Auth::factory($app);

But I think I am with Jan that we should probably call application
drivers through the application auth driver rather than calling them
directly.  IIRC, I did it the latter way because calling things
through your app's own API is overkill and is just wasted cycles.  But
this is probably not as much of an issue anymre.

michael