[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/lib base.php core.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jul 14 16:40:36 UTC 2009

>>  Modified files:
>>    lib                  base.php core.php
>>  Log:
>>  Need to move HORDE_BASE determination to core.php since it may need to be
>>  set when not in horde context.
>
> Can you talk about what that context is? If you mean by in framework
> packages, etc., then I really think we should avoid this.

We should not be defining _BASE constants anywhere but in base.php or
core.php.  It is redundant and just bad coding practice.  Defining
HORDE_BASE in the script file is necessary in services/*.php files
before calling Horde_Registry, since Horde_Registry needs this
information in its constructor when loading the base conf cache.

michael