[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/config nls.php.dist

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jul 16 03:29:28 UTC 2009

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>>
>>> How would you feel about moving this into the Horde_Nls package
>>> entirely (maybe even as Horde_Nls_Config_Base or some such)? We
>>> can still have an optional config file to override it, but one of
>>> my goals for H4 is to cut down on the amount of setup, including #
>>> of files that need to be copied around before Horde will run.
>>
>> This is probably more of a question for Jan.  But I was thinking
>> the same thing when I was refactoring the package (namely - other
>> than the default language setting - none of those other settings
>> are generally changed).  I think my main concern was the fact that
>> I am still unsure how we are going to deal with the gettext stuff
>> in the framework packages, and that config file contains some
>> gettext strings.
>
> I agree to include this in the base package and only allow
> overriding the values in a local configuration file.

I took a quick look at this and, aside from making Horde_Nls a
non-static class, didn't see an elegant way to have the config inside
the package, leave things autoloadable, etc. So instead I did an
example of what I'm proposing for config files - defaults in nls.php,
with the option for a nls.local.php file for overrides.

-chuck