[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. d3a3a8ba4f403b2c05c0573ca519b7e349a8c657

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 20 16:27:16 UTC 2009

> 1.) We could create an exception like Horde_Fatal_Exception that
> indicates that the exception should *never* be caught by the calling
> code.

That seems fine after a while. Let's hold off though for now until we
need it, so that this code shakes out a bit first.

> 2.) As for the location in core.php - I think that is still the most
> appropriate place for it.  We could do something like require all
> apps to define a variable before including core.php which would
> indicate how the default exception handler should behave.  (It would
> also be great to get the Horde::compressOutput() calls out of every
> base.php and move it instead to core.php. Same idea - individual
> apps/pages could disable compressOutput as needed).

I guess we have different conceptions of core.php. Historically it's
been a quick setup script that apps can load whether they are really
Horde apps or not. I think putting stuff like this into a base
Horde-specific Request class longer term makes sense, and such a class
would be the natural successor of core.php (and replace the
app-specific base.php files eventually also).

For non-Horde contexts, with autoloading there is much less setup
necessary, so maybe core.php or something like it just goes away
altogether.

-chuck