[dev] [cvs] commit: horde login.php horde/templates/index frames_index.inc horde/templates/login header.inc login.inc mobile.inc horde/services changepassword.php facebook.php logintasks.php twitter.php twitterapi.php horde/services/portal edit.php ...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 23 21:18:37 UTC 2009

>>> Shouldn't this rather be a Horde_Auth_Exception? This seems like a
>>> perfect example why we should have special Exceptions in *any*
>>> library that throws them.
>>
>> Are we going to allow functions to throw multiple types of
>> exceptions?  That might be a bit confusing.  It seems to me that it
>> is the job of the calling function to either catch these Exceptions
>> and rethrow them, or else assume they are going to fall all the way
>> and be recorded as fatal.
>
> Yes, true, it should be re-thrown. It just shouldn't be a generic
> exception. What I'm actually trying to say is, that we should
> redirect to login page there, no matter which exception we see. We
> should only do this if authentication is really required.

pushApp() will only throw an Exception if authentication *is* really
required.  If it isn't, Horde_Auth_Application will automatically
authenticate to that app via the transparent() function (any
application that doesn't contain either an authAuthenticate or
authTransparent API call is considered to need no authentication
outside of base Horde authentication).

>>> Does that mean that post-auth is called for every module?
>>
>> Yes.  This removes the need for per-app hooks to do work after first login.
>
> Sorry, I still don't get this. Is this hook called for every
> installed application, once the user logged in?

It is called for every application the first time it is accessed in
the session.  If you have enabled something like chora, and it is
never accessed, the postauth hook is never called.

>>> Regarding transparent authentication, I don't understand why the
>>> auth hooks should be ignored, or is this just a description of the
>>> current state? We should make both hooks work here too, I don't
>>> see a reason why they would make less sense for transparent auth.
>>
>> Well, for transparent authentication, it is possible that there
>> won't be a username and/or credentials.  So that might be a bit
>> confusing passing to a hook.  I guess as long as that is
>> documented, this should be fine.
>
> Yes. Especially since with transparent authentication it might make
> sense to change or set the credentials in a hook.

This has been added.  Regular auth vs. transparent auth is, for lack
of a better term, transparent to the hook.  It receives the same
parameters in either case.

michael