[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 83861e3157b21b1de29df6a167393e731a7e8ddf

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 30 21:29:30 UTC 2009

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>>
>>>   Third time's a charm?
>>>
>>>   Move this before we *determine* if prototype is needed...not just
>>>   before we include it.
>>>
>>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Script/Files.php |    5 ++---
>>> 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>
>> Tooltips should not be automatically loaded.  There are all sorts
>> of pages that don't use it at all, and it breaks various things in
>> dimp.
>
> Though it's being used on almost all pages. What does it break in
> dimp and what's your general thought about the tooltip library? I
> really don't want to load it manually in any page that might contain
> an element with a title attribute.

My thought is that we don't need it in 98% of the use cases.  Using
the browser's native title parameter display is more than adequate for
most things (in IMP: displaying truncated subject names in mailbox
lists; in DIMP: showing the e-mail addresses in header fields when a
user name is shown).  Using tooltips here is extreme overkill.

Tooltips are only useful for situations where the title is providing
extra information and/or information that can not be formatted
correctly via browser tooltips (IMP previews; various kronolith hover
elements).  In these specific situations, it is not too much to ask a
developer to manually add the tooltips library.

michael