[dev] [commits] Horde-Hatchery branch master updated. 32b8d7d18cb8987b1235005df6567d4d37e87950

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Aug 3 18:06:12 UTC 2009

>> I'm afraid this even has to be more fine grained for users (like us
>> developers), running Horde from git. It's like all the date-signed
>> upgrade scripts in scripts/upgrade of HEAD/master and the stable
>> version-signed upgrade scripts in the stable branch.
>
> I think we should just use numbered migrations, independent of the
> software version #. Each change gets an increasing number.

Well, this is all hypothetical at this point since we don't yet need a
second upgrade script in IMP.  I'd still prefer to keep this all in
one file though.  It is much easier to understand what exactly changed
between versions and reduces a bunch of potential cruft in the prefs -
since for every ONCE tasks the class name needs to be stored in the
preferences.

Would a reasonable solution for people running dev releases be a
script that would automatically run a given login task from the
command line?  Either that or we could set the interval to EVERY,
although we would have to remember to switch it back at release time.

michael