[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/templates common-header.inc

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Aug 4 08:57:32 UTC 2009

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> slusarz     2009-08-03 23:08:01 EDT
>>>
>>> Modified files:
>>>   templates            common-header.inc
>>> Log:
>>> Optimize common header output.
>>>
>>> Revision  Changes    Path
>>> 2.53      +5 -7      horde/templates/common-header.inc
>>>
>>> Chora Links:
>>> http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/horde/templates/common-header.inc?rt=horde&r1=2.52&r2=2.53&ty=u
>>
>> Please don't remove copyright notices without any further discussion.
>
> Why?  They were removed from most of the apps over a year ago.

This is not true, this has only been removed from a few apps, and I
didn't notice, otherwise I would have objected earlier.

> Sending copyright notices with every generated page is a *complete*
> waste of time and bandwidth.  Especially since Horde has no
> copyright claim to the generated page.

Not on the generated pages but on the applications that generate them,
which is expressed by the wording of the copyright headers IMO, e.g.:
Passwd: Copyright 2002-2009 The Horde Project.

Most importantly though, this is the only place in the application
interface for end users which references to the Horde Project as the
originator of the software. This is a strong point, and the additional
few bytes are really neglectable.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/