[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs RELEASE_NOTES

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Aug 7 19:08:35 UTC 2009

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> slusarz     2009-08-07 13:33:06 EDT
>>>
>>> Modified files:        (Branch: FRAMEWORK_3)
>>>   docs                 RELEASE_NOTES
>>> Log:
>>> First pass at 3.3.5 release notes.
>>
>> Just an FYI - the new freshmeat site and API no longer use the
>> release_focus data. They *do* allow for tagging of individual
>> releases with keywords.  So, do we want to tag our releases in lieu
>> of the release_focus data? I'm thinking something like 'stable',
>> 'security', 'RC' etc... ?
>
> Do we just want to reuse the descriptions already in the
> RELEASE_NOTES files?  e.g.
>
> Initial announcement
> Documentation
> Minor feature enhancements
> Major feature enhancements
> Minor bugfixes
> Major bugfixes
> Minor security fixes
> Major security fixes

Sure. Sounds good. I went ahead and added constants for these to
Horde_Release. RELEASE_NOTES should set the existing
$this->notes['fm']['focus'] to either a single constant or an array of
them:

$this->notes['fm']['focus'] = array(Horde_Release::FOCUS_MAJORFEATURE,
Horde_Release::FOCUS_MINORSECURITY);

Thanks,
mike

--