[dev] Performance issues with Horde Routes

Fabio Bacigalupo fabio.bacigalupo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:31:34 UTC 2009

Hi Chuck,

thank you for your reply.

Quoting Fabio Bacigalupo <fabio.bacigalupo at gmail.com>:
>> I am experiencing performance issues with Horde Routes (version 0.4).
>> We are using HR as part of the Seagull framework where the Horde
>> Routes package is integrated very nicely.

> There is not currently a caching mechanism, but only because there
> hasn't been the need (until now). I think caching is probably the way
> to go here, though any improvements in _createGens would be welcome
> also.

I optimized it by (mem)cacheing the respective part. It's done in a
couple lines of code and works perfectly. The only drawback is I used
our project's own cacheing mechanism.

> If you're interested in working on this I'd be happy to try and
> help with it.

I am afraid I would be of not much help as I am not familiar with
Horde at all. We just use Horde Routes as one lib in the Seagull
Framework.

> Otherwise, I'd ask that you open an enhancement request
> on http://bugs.horde.org/, so it doesn't get lost.

I'd love to do this. What "queue" am I supposed to use? There is no
such queue as "Routes".

Ciao
--
Fabio Bacigalupo