[dev] Abstract vs. Base

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Sep 6 10:27:22 UTC 2009

>> For abstract base classes, we currently use both (Abstract, and
>> Base) for the class and file names, i.e. Horde_Db_Adapter_Abstract
>> and Horde_Cache_Base.
>> We have to agree on one of those, I personally don't have any preference.
>
> I prefer Base. I went back and forth on the Db classes, and
> eventually stayed with Abstract since it matched the Mad code it was
> based on. I'm fine with switching it to Base at this point though.

Done. I left out the classed in Adapter/Abstract/ for now, because
they don't seem to be properly named in a different sense.

Even if we rename them to Base, they should be
Horde_Db_Adapter_Schema_Base not Horde_Db_Adapter_Base_Schema, right?
That would clutter the Db/Adapter/ directory though, because the files
would go into Db/Adapter/*/Base.php instead of Db/Adapter/Base/*.php

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/