[dev] CalDAV update

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Sep 16 00:16:35 UTC 2009

Quoting Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> On 2009-09-15, at 4:05 PM, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>

>> The instructions at:
>>
>> http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev?referrer=ReleaseManagement#toc5
>>
>> should get you started. Things are a bit confusing because of the
>> move from CVS to Git as our code is refactored for Horde 4.  You
>> essentially have to checkout HEAD from CVS, horde-hatchery (from
>> git), and horde-git and combine them. I personally use symlinks (as
>> described on the wiki link), but there are other ways to do it.
>
> Thanks for that, the instructions worked.
>
> Now I'm facing a new problem, Horde requires gettext.
>
> I just upgraded to OS/X 10.6, which broke my PHP package from
> entropy.ch. I went back to the default PHP version, shipping with
> OS/X, but unfortunately gettext is not compiled in.

Very timely. I *just* spent over four hours trying to rescue my
macports installation after upgrading to 10.6, only to finally give up
and start installing it from scratch. Watching a build as we
speak...still a way to go until I'm able to code again.

> Am I stuck recompiling PHP at this point, or would a substitute like :
> http://pear.php.net/package/File_Gettext

I'm not familiar with that package, but it doesn't look likely...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)