[dev] Current state of emptying the trash folder and going to that folder

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Sep 16 05:13:17 UTC 2009

> Mostly to Michael S., but anyone else who knows or can work on the code-
>
> What's the current state of emptying the trash folder requiring that
> we then redirect the user to the (now empty) trash folder? If we can
> avoid this, even if it takes some work, I think it's worth it.

No change.  It's about a 0 on my priority list.  Still would be
extremely hackish to implement since sometimes you need to pass query
parameters (e.g. MIME viewer actions) and sometimes you don't (e.g.
delete message actions).

I would personally vote for removing the Empty Trash menu item totally
- it has always seemed like something that should be done only from
the Trash folder.  I don't know why you would be needing to empty
trash in every session vs. once every few months.

michael