[dev] Broken unit tests

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Mon Sep 28 14:23:00 UTC 2009

Hi Chuck,

> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Kolab_Storage is currently breaking the Horde unit tests:
>>>
>>> Fatal error: Class 'Horde_Kolab_Test_Server' not found in
>>> /.../horde/horde/framework/Kolab_Storage/lib/Horde/Kolab/Test/Storage.php
>>> on line 38

Fixed that in git. There are still tests failing but running the
AllTests.php from horde-cvs did not break anymore.

>> I'm working on both Kolab_Storage and Kolab_FreeBusy at the moment.
>> I should have used a separate branch for that work as it turned out
>> to be somewhat more complex than I thought it would be.
>
> Not too late to branch it off now if you want. :)
>
>>> I'm not sure why there are PHPUnit base test classes in the lib/
>>> dirs, either... ?
>>
>> I did not find a decent alternative for this so far. The Unit test
>> suite in Kolab_Storage requires some basic functionality I
>> currently provide within Kolab_Server. Kolab_FreeBusy requires the
>> extended function set provided within Kolab_Storage. Would it be
>> better to place these TestCase extensions into the Horde_Test
>> package?
>
> I don't think so... what about loading them directly out of the
> Kolab_Sserver test/ dir? I'm not sure what opinions others have
> here...

The problem is to differentiate between the dev situation and the
installed situation. I want to be able to run these tests on the Kolab
Server, too. But I hope I solved that now.

Cheers,

Gunnar