[dev] WebDAV: state of webdav in H4

Evert Pot evertpot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:04:08 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

My first step for webdav is to write a simple layer that works with
Horde application's existing webdav api's.

So far I tried gollem, kronolith and turba. All of which seem to have
some problems.
Michael tells me this might be because of the transition to H4
standards.

Here are some errors:

Turba:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _modified() (previously declared in /
Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/turba/lib/Api.php:164) in /
Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/turba/lib/Api.php on line 164

This appears to be a double-include.

Gollem:
Fatal error: Cannot access parent:: when current class scope has no
parent in /Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/gollem/lib/Auth.php
on line 68

This class attempts to call parent::authenticate, but this is a base
class, and doesn't extend anything.

Kronolith:

(sorry for the xml format)
<s:exception>Horde_Exception</s:exception>
<s:message>DB Error: no such field</s:message>
<s:file>/Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/
Registry.php</s:file>
<s:line>625</s:line>
<s:code>-19</s:code>

I'd love to be able to show some real progress, but so far I'm hitting
walls.

Since I'm really writing a compatibility layer.. if all these
applications still require significant work it might be better to
build them in such as way that they are optimized for SabreDAV.
I'm more than happy to work with any developers to do this, but I'm
not really sure if I would be up for the job myself. Would it be a
better to wait a little while until H4 is a little bit more stable?

Then again, these might just be simple bugs..

Thanks!
Evert