[dev] WebDAV: state of webdav in H4

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 5 17:24:17 UTC 2009

Zitat von Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> Hey guys,
>
> My first step for webdav is to write a simple layer that works with
> Horde application's existing webdav api's.
>
> So far I tried gollem, kronolith and turba. All of which seem to
> have some problems.
> Michael tells me this might be because of the transition to H4 standards.

Correct, Horde_Rpc_Webdav was left in a pretty broken state. The
groupware apps should work again now.

> Here are some errors:
>
> Turba:
> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _modified() (previously declared in
> /Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/turba/lib/Api.php:164) in
> /Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/turba/lib/Api.php on line 164
>
> This appears to be a double-include.
>
> Gollem:
> Fatal error: Cannot access parent:: when current class scope has no
> parent in
> /Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-hatchery/gollem/lib/Auth.php on line
> 68

I haven't looked at Gollem yet, but this is a special case due to the
Horde_Auth rewrite. Gollem is rather broken at the moment, regardless
of the WebDAV usage.

> This class attempts to call parent::authenticate, but this is a base
> class, and doesn't extend anything.
>
> Kronolith:
>
> (sorry for the xml format)
> <s:exception>Horde_Exception</s:exception>
> <s:message>DB Error: no such field</s:message>
> <s:file>/Users/evert2/code/hd_dev/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php</s:file>
> <s:line>625</s:line>
> <s:code>-19</s:code>

Your Kronolith tables aren't complete. Check the horde log file.

> I'd love to be able to show some real progress, but so far I'm hitting walls.
>
> Since I'm really writing a compatibility layer.. if all these
> applications still require significant work it might be better to
> build them in such as way that they are optimized for SabreDAV.
> I'm more than happy to work with any developers to do this, but I'm
> not really sure if I would be up for the job myself. Would it be a
> better to wait a little while until H4 is a little bit more stable?

At least Turba, Nag and Kronolith work again now for me.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/