[dev] WebDAV package v0.1

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Oct 15 03:06:19 UTC 2009

Quoting Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> Here's the package for horde-git

I haven't looked at this more closely yet because I don't want to
tread on the kronolith/caldav project which I haven't been directly
involved in. However if you, Jan, etc. want me to take a closer pass
at it please let me know.

A few general comments though:

> I want to add a dedicated Web/SabreDAV interface to Kronolith,
> replacing the existing methods from the RPC system. One suggestion
> is to add a new method to to Kronolith_API, called something like
> getWebDAVTree, or add a new file called Kronolith_DAV, which is
> automatically discovered(not sure how that would work within horde??)

What do you mean by replacing the existing methods? The existing
webdav code? Or the API methods themselves?

We have autoloading; what would Kronolith_DAV need to be discovered
by? I guess I'm not following the overall shape of your suggestion.

> All this effort is to reduce WebDAV-logic from respective
> Kronolith_API classes, and more into the protocol layer. Currently I
> see a lot of duplication of validation and little application-level
> controllers, which can all be simplified.

I'm all for getting more of the application logic into a controller
structure, making validation and such reusable. Ideally from my
perspective this would be done for all of Kronolith, not just the DAV
part.

-chuck