[dev] WebDAV package v0.1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 19 13:35:37 UTC 2009

Hi Evert,

Zitat von Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> Here's the package for horde-git:

Two packaging related issues:
- When installing the tarball with pear, I get a: ERROR: file
/tmp/pear/download/DAV/DAV-0.0.1/lib/Horde/DAV/ApplicationCollection.php does
not exist. Funnily, it's the ApplicationFile.php script though, that's
not correctly linked in the <phprelease> section of package.xml
- Since this is the Horde wrapper of the Sabre_DAV package, you should
rather make it a patch against the framework/Sabre library that
already exists in the horde-git repository.

To the code:
- There are a few coding style issues, but that's not important for
now. The only thing that you should change is camel-case'ing the class
names, so that it's easier to patch the code right from the start,
when it's integrated into Horde. I.e. Horde_Dav, not Horde_DAV.
- Overall looks pretty nice and slim. I guess it's a good sign for
Sabre's and Horde's APIs that the wrapper can be kept so small.

More remarks:
- The HTML interface is really cool! I didn't even know it existed.
- Browsing individual calendars don't work. The calendars come up
empty. The address book works fine.
- There seems to be some infinite loop browsing task lists. But that's
probably inside Nag.

Regarding a separate interface to Kronolith:
If this is necessary and makes sense, I'm for adding a separate class
that could be auto-detected with autoloading, like Chuck suggested.
But I would first like to hear more details which WebDAV logic you
consider overhead, that could be saved with a separate interface.
Regarding controllers, what Chuck said.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/