[dev] [commits] Horde branch refactor-Notification updated. 3b590095a4312f85639071510adc42d5dc9090fc

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Wed Oct 28 14:32:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

as I need to use the Horde_Notification package in stand-alone mode I
was forced to refactor it a bit. The main problem was that the module
is firmly embedded into the global Horde context and contains a number
of calls to services such as Horde_Registry, Horde_Auth, Horde_Nls,
Horde::logMessage(). These service are of course missing if the
package is used on its own.

I pushed the necessary refactorings into the "refactor-Notification"
branch. It would be nice if I could get some feedback on the changes.
Do they work or are there conflicts? Does the structure look okay? Can
I merge the branch?

The main changes were two new components: The
Horde_Notification_Storage and the Horde_Notification_Handler
interfaces. The storage part allows to exchange the underlying storage
mechanism (for Horde this is the session by default). And the handler
part moves the references to global scope that were present in
Horde_Notification into separate decorators. This way they can be
avoided when using the Horde_Notification for itself.

Thanks!

Gunnar