[dev] RE : CalDAV Server on Horde ?

Evert Pot evertpot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:01:08 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-10, at 2:36 PM, Patrick ABIVEN wrote:

> Hello Evert
> Thanks for this update. How can we contribute and help you for implementing the calDAV support ?
> Regards
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Work can be done on 2 fronts.

1. Protocol-level work. I'm working on 2 branches in SabreDAV (http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/), one of which adds RFC3744 (ACL), the other adds CalDAV support. If you are familiar with the specifications, this would be a good place to look at. I can give you more info if needed.

2. Horde integration. If you are familiar with the Horde code, I can also definitely use a hand here. Currently there's basic integration to replace the existing Webdav library, but there's a lot of work doing this 'right'. Most importantly is that the horde codebase must have all the functionality required by SabreDAV, without actually depending on SabreDAV. I haven't yet figured out how to do this without ending up with an unmaintainable codebase, because it would involve duplicating around 25 classes and writing some kind of mapping layer. I gave up on this in the short term, so if anyone can pick this up I would be pretty relieved.

Evert