[dev] Problem with Horde SignUp since upgrade to 3.3.5

Andre Pawlowski sqall at h4des.org
Tue Nov 17 13:39:38 UTC 2009

Hi guys

Since I upgraded to Horde 3.3.5 with the patch file no user signed up
until yesterday. This user got this error message:

*Fatal error*: Call to undefined method Auth_Signup_datatree::exists()
in *horde/lib/Horde/Auth/Signup.php* on line *135

*Ok, so I took a look at the problem. line 135 in Signup.php is this line:

        if ($auth->exists($info['user_name']) ||         <<-- line 134
            $this->exists($info['user_name'])) {          <<-- line 135

To find the problem I took a look at
horde/lib/Horde/Auth/Signup/datatree.php too where the class
Auth_Signup_datatree is located and I couldn't find any "exists()"
method. So I commented out line 135 and changed line 134 to

if ($auth->exists($info['user_name'])) {

and the signup process works fine again. Horde still recognized if an
user want to use an username that already exists.

So is this problem a bug in the patch file? I didn't change anything in
the Horde source. Has anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance
**

--

Andre Pawlowski

Right and wrong are not what seperate us and our enemies.
It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that
seperate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no
good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.
	-Final Fantasy VIII (Squall Leonhart)