[dev] vhosts separation, user admin rights, userid based vhosts

Serge Chernyavsky serg.remote at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 08:46:57 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm working now on the latest Horde Groupware Webmail edition and trying
to let it handle few non-standard use cases.

Searched docs and mailing lists but some things are still unclear or
need advise:

- Is there a standard way to delegate user management for non-admin
user(s)? If not - what would be right place to code it in?

- I use vhosts and external database for users. Admins are different per
vhost basis. Of course environment should be separated. Would it be
entirely wrong to use single database for everything and, say, auto
assign unique group for users of each vhost and code in separation for
shares, groups, users?

- I'm trying to implement vhosts based on domains taken from userid (all
userids are in user at domain form). Tried to add
$_SESSION['__auth']['userId'] handling in Horde::loadConfiguration and
it works for logging in process but not for the later stuff. Could you
advise how would it be better to implement it?

Thanks a lot,
Serge