[dev] vhosts separation, user admin rights, userid based vhosts

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 25 08:55:48 UTC 2009

Zitat von Serge Chernyavsky <serg.remote at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working now on the latest Horde Groupware Webmail edition and
> trying to let it handle few non-standard use cases.
>
> Searched docs and mailing lists but some things are still unclear or
> need advise:
>
> - Is there a standard way to delegate user management for non-admin
> user(s)? If not - what would be right place to code it in?

You would have to add admin sub-permissions to lib/api.php, e.g.
admin:users, then check for it in admin/user.php.

> - I use vhosts and external database for users. Admins are different
> per vhost basis. Of course environment should be separated. Would it
> be entirely wrong to use single database for everything and, say,
> auto assign unique group for users of each vhost and code in
> separation for shares, groups, users?

Yes, because it would keep you from using groups inside a domain.
Instead we should separate users by their domain names, when enabling
the vhost configuration flag in Horde. Or add another flag for that
purpose.

> - I'm trying to implement vhosts based on domains taken from userid
> (all userids are in user at domain form). Tried to add
> $_SESSION['__auth']['userId'] handling in Horde::loadConfiguration
> and it works for logging in process but not for the later stuff.
> Could you advise how would it be better to implement it?

Not at all through the user name. Instead, have them logging in
through their own domain and use the vinfo or user name hook to
automatically add the domain to the user name. Then you can use the
built-in vhost setting to load different configurations per domain.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/