[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 7f6ddcffe1c3d9031d499c0dee40f8b37628e5c5

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Dec 3 19:24:14 UTC 2009

> commit 7f6ddcffe1c3d9031d499c0dee40f8b37628e5c5
> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Date:   Thu Dec 3 15:06:46 2009 +0100
>
>     Add basic Horde_Url class.

Cool.  One big issue though - looks like you tried to implement this
within the current Horde::url-ish framework to maintain backwards
compatibility.  However, I don't think this is going to work because
the __toString() method isn't going to behave like I think you want it
to behave.  For example, a call like this:

$foo = array(
     'bar' => Horde::url()
);

results in $foo['bar'] being a Horde_Url object, *not* a string.  See,
e.g., moving the splitbar in dimp - the prefs.php link, generated by
Horde::getServiceLink() in imp/templates/javascript_defs_dimp.php, is
an object instead of a string so the javascript code throws errors.

So it looks like we have to cast all of these kind of calls to
strings.  If we have to do this, it might be easier/cleaner just to
change these calls to direct calls to Horde_Url.

michael