[dev] IMPORTANT: No more CVS HEAD

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Dec 23 04:29:54 UTC 2009

Important news for those following Horde 4 development.  As of this
afternoon, CVS HEAD no longer exists.  The remaining framework
packages have been moved to horde-hatchery:/framework, and the
remainder of the horde code has been moved to horde-git:/horde.

With the removal of CVS head, one is no longer able to practically
download one repo on top of the other (it may be possible to download
horde-hatchery within horde-git:/horde, but this is Not A Good Idea).
To facilitate producing a web-accessible version of the repo, I have
created a install_dev script that will install horde to a
web-accessible directory, doing all the necessary symlinking so that
changes made in the repos are instantly accessible on the server.
Further details can be found here:

http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement

Obviously, other methods of handling this situation are more than
welcome.  However, I can verify this method works and takes little to
no time to set up (the only change needed for me was to make sure my
horde/config/registry.php contained no __FILE__ definitions, since
these don't play well with symlinks.

michael