[dev] [core] Content and Timeobjects

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 7 03:19:15 UTC 2010

> Timeobjects is a different story though, because it doesn't have any
> frontend and probably never will. It's really just a library, with
> the difference that it needs a registry api to use it. That's why it
> doesn't make any sense as a separate application.
> Content is not the same, agreed, because it has a frontend. Though I
> wonder if we should really bother keeping it separate as long as we
> don't use that frontend, and don't foresee any short-term usage
> either.

Maybe the problem is that the only thing that can be invoked via API
methods right now are things provided by applications. What I really
don't want is to have these things incorporated into Horde's base API
- they're separate pieces of the overall functionality, and I think
they should be maintained that way.

I don't have any need for them to be applications, though. If had a
way to allow a library/framework package to provide API methods, I'd
be very happy with that.

-chuck