[dev] Horde_Calendar Javascript Picker

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Mon Jan 11 16:18:06 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Recently some changes have been made to the javascript calendar date picker.  These changes cause the picker to fire off a custom event ("Horde_Calendar:select") when the date is picked.  Unfortunately this change caused the Horde_Form_Type_datetime to break.  I have two questions:

1) Out of curiosity, what is the motivation behind the change?  I see that Kronolith and IMP have been updated to observe the event but I'm not sure what it provides.

2) Is it possible to add a generic event listener to the Javascript, mimicking the old functionality, that can be overridden or extended by the applications?  In looking to fix Horde_Form (or, more specifically, Horde_Ui_VarRenderer_Html) I do not see an obvious place to add a custom event observer.  I also do not feel it is correct to require the applications to provide it, since they simply invoke Horde_Form.

Thanks,
/BAK/
--
Ben Klang