[dev] [commits] Horde-Hatchery branch master updated. d3fcd5cdd11ada51d44c03fccd529ba9beed543d

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 13 18:31:45 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

>>> I am leaning heavily towards a single repository also, based on
>>> both our experience and also on my experience with git at work. We
>>> can use branches much more than we currently do to keep things
>>> that aren't ready for production out of the main view, for
>>> refactoring, etc.

>>> Couldn't that common parent directory be named "groupware", and
>>> contain both a horde/ directory along with directories for all of
>>> the included apps?
>>
>> That should work, with the current style of packaging anyway. I'm
>> not sure yet how to create the bundles when the applications are
>> pear-installable but time will tell.
>
> Let's give this discussion more speed, because now that we don't
> have hatchery anymore, if we decided to run horde side-by-side with
> with the apps, we can drop the install_dev script again, and use a
> horde-git checkout as the webroot, symlinking the framework packages
> like we used to.

I think this all comes down to what we want the new structure to be,
out of the box, for our actual releases. If we want this to be the new
way to do things, then this would be a good way to setup our dev
environment since this would require editing the registry file to
reflect this. Of course, editing registry.php is something that devs
could do locally, but why go through that if it's not really necessary
and doesn't really buy us much? I honestly don't see the advantage of
serving horde directly from a checkout, especially now that we have a
nice automated script to link everything...but maybe I'm missing
something here.

> When I thought about this, I found another problem with this
> approach though. If the apps are not installed inside horde/, we
> don't have a default index.php anymore.

I think this is only an issue if we want horde to be serve-able
directly from the the webserver root by default, which I don't really
think is what we want.

Thanks,
mike

--