[dev] Consider ignoring upload Content-Type

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 13 23:44:07 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Further brainstorming:
>> Better than a preference, do this in a hook.  Browser detection is
>> always used; pass in the Horde_Mime_Part object to a hook and the
>> hook can determine whether to alter the MIME type.  E.g. do MIME
>> magic detection based on:
>> * The reported MIME type (application/octet-stream; double-check
>> known troublesome MIME types)
>> * Certain known buggy browsers
>> * For all data
>
> Sounds like an interesting approach. I wasn't aware that mime magic
> is so unreliable.

There have been a large number of threads on this list (and imp@) over
the last few years about exactly this problem.  For many, updating
their mime magic files on the server fixed things.  But not all the
time and, regardless, this would simply be one more issue to worry
about at install time.

michael