[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 7080e7ce1baa9b108fba10489cda8716d76a2053

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Sat Jan 30 22:52:07 UTC 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

>>> The reason I did this in both Shout and Operator was that I needed to include data from the backend in the available permissions nodes.  From what I can tell, the application was not getting initialized when the Perms interface was being loaded, which I don't think I have control of within my application.  What do I need to do to make sure my Perms methods have access to an initialized driver if not call appInit()?  I may not understand yet, but I thought that the app would not be pushed during operations like API calls like this.
>>
>> I also see issues with the portal blocks, it looks like the apps are not initialized there. You can see this with Kronolith blocks for example, where some global variables are not defined.
>
> I'm not seeing this at all.  Granted, I can't use kronolith blocks at all at the moment because the content tagger stuff horribly breaks everything (I get all sorts of errors about the 'rampage_types' DB table, but there doesn't appear to be any way to create this table for us postgres folks).
>
> But all other blocks work as expected (I've tried nag, imp, horde, and turba blocks).

What about for getting permissions arrays using the application's backend?  Do you have advice on how to make sure the application can get initialized without pushing it on the stack?  Or where or how the application should instantiate the drivers when called like that?

/BAK/
--
Ben Klang
Alkaloid Networks LLC