[dev] question editing mo file

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Wed Feb 24 12:52:07 UTC 2010

Hi Alexander,

Quoting Alexander Marx <alexander.marx at oab.de>:

> Thank you for the Link
>
> http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=po_README.html
>
> I am using KOlab as i described and i thought the file, which i have to edit
> was
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/po/de_DE.pot
>
> i edited this one and then did a
>
>  ./translation.php make -m horde -l de_DE

Kolab uses the Imp login by default so I assume you need to edit
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/po/de_DE.pot and rebuild the imp module.

> within this directory. the tool gave no error, but when i go to the Website
> the loginscreen still shows "Willkommen bei Horde"

The translations also get cached so restarting your webserver with
"openpkg rc apapche restart" might have an effect (in case the step
above worked).

I don't know if I would really edit the translations for what you are
trying to do. While there is currently no way to add such
customizations as a separate view template - and thus avoid to modify
the sources - you already chose to do so anyhow. Then it might be
easier to simply modify the "<tag:title />" in
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/templates/login/login.html.

Cheers,

Gunnr