[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 958a1c3b2df9b41611b1d631236491facd49ec81

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Mar 18 18:33:56 UTC 2010

> commit d7015b931ca003bfc78af272df621daac75b27cf
> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Date:   Thu Mar 18 17:09:47 2010 +0100
>
>     Give users a chance to update their old PEAR Log based configurations.
>
>  framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Binder/Logger.php |    3 +++
>  framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php           |    3 +++

I understand the purpose of this, but the downside is that it adds
unneeded overhead for every other page load.  In other words: easing
the transition on the first pageload of an installation (by preventing
a parse error) is not worth the overhead in potentially serving
billions of pages later.

IIRC, this won't throw a fatal error.  Admins will necessarily have to
reconfigure Horde when moving to H4, so a few error messages that may
appear on the screen during this process (and documented in an
UPGRADING file) is not a dealbreaker for me.

Another option would be to add the PEAR_LOG constants manually instead
of including all of Log.php.

michael