[dev] application for secure storing passwords with horde

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 6 13:05:50 UTC 2010

Quoting Andre Pawlowski <sqall at h4des.org>:

> I just took a look:
>
> tux at handtuch:~$ whereis cvs
> cvs: /usr/bin/cvs /usr/share/man/man5/cvs.5.gz /usr/share/man/man1/cvs.1.gz
> tux at handtuch:~$ ls -la /usr/bin/ | grep cvs
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root      748984 2008-09-03 01:41 cvs
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root       68848 2008-10-06 06:36 cvsps
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root      117750 2010-02-16 11:27 git-cvsserver

My guess is that somehow you have configured cvs to run through the
git-cvsserver listed above. It's a cvs server emulator for git. Don't
know much else about it, but I would either try uninstalling it or
digging around in some of your startup shell scripts to see if it's
setting something up there.