[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 6b718a80d845b5df3b376ce410d439b81f333ece

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Apr 28 17:47:34 UTC 2010

> The branch "master" has been updated.
> The following is a summary of the commits.
>
> from: 456760188378547bb9df43207b81582e95bbac49
>
> 6b718a8 Revert 61e152c.

> commit 6b718a80d845b5df3b376ce410d439b81f333ece
> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Date:   Wed Apr 28 15:28:11 2010 +0200
>
>     Revert 61e152c.
>
>     Do NOT mess with the release scripts unless you extensively tested that
>     everything still works!
>
>  framework/Release/lib/Horde/Release.php |   12 ++++++++++++
>
> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Release/lib/Horde/Release.php?rt=horde-git&r1=060da998e9f5c7cfe8c595c46b8a2c16be28f6df&r2=6b718a80d845b5df3b376ce410d439b81f333ece

***EXTREMELY*** confused.  OF COURSE this change broke CVS releases -
that was the entire purpose of 61e152c.  It is located in git so it
doesn't need to support CVS releases anymore (this change was made
when I finished the rewrite of the horde.local.php files - it was
correctly removed at that time since this code will break git-based
installs.).

Sounds like there was confusion in the CVS -> Git migration.  IIRC,
Release may no longer exist in CVS simply because it was part of the
Horde package, and we needed to delete the Horde package from CVS
during the period we needed joint CVS/Git installation.  I moved the
Release library as-is mostly to a new Release library simply so the
code didn't get lost (and because it had no business living in
Horde/Core).  But it was never my intention to have git Release
replace the CVS version for releasing CVS package (maybe I should have
put exit commands in the constructor to prevent it from being run).

michael