[dev] Phone call tracker for Horde client

Wed May 19 07:25:32 UTC 2010

> I took a quick look at your code and
> it doesn't seem to overlap at all with Shout or Operator.

That's... good? :P

> From glancing at your sources, it looks to me like your application
> is more of a message logger than specifically a telephone system app.

Simply put, yes. It is mainly so a company can tell "who called us
when, why?".

> The messages come in by phone for you, but there is no direct
> integration with the phone system, unless I missed something?

Generally, users are supposed to enter the data via forms; the usual,
so to speak. There is a minimal XML-RPC system (see rpc.php) that
enables an Asterisk installation to enter data by invoking RPC from
AGI, but this is more of a hack than anything else.

Sincerely,
Simon Bausch