[dev] Growler fade effect

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue May 25 04:26:03 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> There is still a major problem with this: if you want to do
>>> anything with the notification, e.g. closing it or clicking an
>>> embedded link, or using an embedded form, it's next to impossible
>>> now to do any of this, because you can hardly see any notification
>>> elements anymore.
>>> The reason you mention are valid, but that one is a showstopper.
>>
>> Possible solutions:
>> 1. Give notifications some transparency at all times.
>> 2. Don't make as transparent over mouseover.
>
> How would that help? Either the transparency is too small to read
> the text below it, or too high to read the text inside. Beside that,
> I'm fine with a slight default transparency.

The compromise is that a tiny bit of default transparency is better
than completely opaque because it at least allows you to tell
(somewhat) what is behind the notification hover.

Since there doesn't seem to be much support for my side, I will remove
the mouseover effects but change the default transparency to 80%
opacity (slight change from the existing 85%).

michael