[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 104e3198ce8b82e1a469dce43420d2d6fa7e2a7d

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 28 16:20:06 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> I changed the name as such simply because 'Horde_Db_Adapter_Base'
>> was confusing in that regard - that there was one DB object to rule
>> them all.  However, I see the need to have that name defined as
>> such for these type hinting binding cases.  I have no problem
>> renaming the Horde_Db_Base binder back to Horde_Db_Adapter_Base to
>> provide an easy injector to the default horde DB setup.
>
> This would save us from having to inject the db object explicitly
> and/or create binders for those classes where the dependencies can
> otherwise be automatically resolved, and the default horde db is
> desired. Though I do agree that the name could seem a bit confusing...

For now, I've changed the binder name back to Horde_Db_Adapter_Base.
Still think the naming is a bit confusing... but that confusion will
be alleviated once we start to document the list of binders globally
available.  Which is something we can probably start doing now, since
things are starting to settle down re: the way we are using them.

michael