[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 81614b2ef11c86926e2f94d9eb723e683923e05e

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 2 16:28:34 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> 3011a4c Move convertUsername() from horde/Auth to horde/Core
>
> I'm now getting "Fatal error: Call to undefined method
> Horde_Auth::convertUserName() in
> /usr/local/horde/horde/framework/Auth/lib/Horde/Auth.php on line
> 528".  I'm not familiar enough yet with all the Auth changes to know
> if this functionality is still needed in Horde_Auth::setAuth() or
> not...

Yeah... missed this one because it was a self::convertUserName()
instead of Horde_Auth::convertUserName()... :(

The goal behind these commits is to gradually move over all of the
non-authentication related code to horde/Core.

Authentication related code = ONLY the code needed to authenticate
against a backend.
Anything dealing with sessions will eventually be contained entirely
within horde/Core.

Next step is to remove all the hook-related stuff from Horde_Auth.
Instead, we will wrap the Horde_Auth driver in a horde-specific
Horde_Auth driver that will handle hooks (and probably things like
password expiration notifications).

michael