[dev] ActiveSync with Nokia MfE - Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jun 3 18:42:10 UTC 2010

Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

>> Thanks for the data, I took a look at it, and the only differences I can
>> see are:
>
> Hey - fast work...
>

>> 1) Some of the fields are sent in a different order though according to
>> the specs this *shouldn't* be an issue, though you never know...
>>
>> 2) Every single contact being sent contains a <body> element, (which
>> corresponds the the 'Notes' field). In every case, it only contains a
>> single CRLF. Is this the *same* dataset from the failed sync, or is it
>> possible that the Notes field in this set actually contains this data,
>> while the notes field from the failed set doesn't? Just trying to
>> determine if MS sends this, even if it's empty (the spec says it's
>> optional), and the phone expects it.
>
> First I synched the data via SyncML to the phone, then via
> ActiveSync up to the Exchange Server. Then I took another E90 and
> synced the data via ActiveSync to the new phone. This last sync I
> traced with Wireshark.
>
> So it should be the same data...

Ok...so it's possible the data in the body field was inserted by the
device at some point, and not sent my exchange as a CRLF when empty.

Anyway, I made a number of changes to various pieces of logic. Not
very optimistic that it is *the* issue, but it's possible that it
might help. When you get a chance, you can pull the latest from git
(or wait until tomorrow's snaps - just be sure to match all the snaps
to the same day) and give it another go... Just be aware that the
change you made regarding sessions/cookies is NOT in the upstream code
at this time, so you must make sure that change gets reapplied.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein