[dev] [Tickets #8827] Re: CSS compressor getting inheritance wrong

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 17 22:24:23 UTC 2010

> Zitat von bugs at horde.org:
>
>> Michael Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> (2010-06-17 18:00) wrote:
>>
>>> No idea what this setting does, but it fixes bug #8827.
>>
>> This preserves browser hacks.  So this change might very well break
>> things we do to fix various firefox version workarounds, for example.
>
> Sorry, what kind of workarounds?

I was thinking these kind of workarounds (from imp/themes/screen.css):

spellcheck {
     white-space: pre;
     white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
     white-space: -hp-pre-wrap;
     white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
     white-space: -pre-wrap;
     white-space: pre-wrap;
     white-space: pre-line;
     word-wrap: break-word;
}

But reading the csstidy documentation some more, it seems to be
talking more about the "fooling/breaking the CSS parser" workarounds
(the above is instead using CSS priority positioning).  I think that
we mostly avoid that since we use browser sniffing/browser specific CSS.

So I guess we should live with this for now with the knowledge that if
we do see something wonky in the future, this change would be a good
place to start debugging.

michael