[dev] (Almost) successful sync using ActiveSync and Nokia MailForExchange!

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Wed Jun 23 16:11:31 UTC 2010

Hi!

After some debugging during the last weeks (big thanks to Michael!) I
was able to do a full sync today.

I installed horde using todays snapshots, authentication using imp.
Turba uses an LDAP-Backend, Kronolith with mysql.

The only change I had to make was in file /rpc.php commenting out line
40 ($session_control = 'none';) as this is necessary to use an
LDAP-Backend for turba.

On the phone (Nokia E90 Communicator) I used Mail For Exchange 3.0.

It took almost 22 Minutes to sync 2551 appointments and 398 contacts
over WLAN. The sync finished successful - only problem was that 23
appointments where discared by the phone cause of a malformed recurrence
element I couldn't hunt down so far...

Concratulations to all that helped implementing ActiveSync so far - an
I'm shure these last small bugs will be found in a very short time...

Regards

Lukas

--

software security networks