[dev] Disable sidebar by default

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 15 22:39:59 UTC 2010

The new sidebar code is good now that we got rid of frames.  But it is
bad because it has to be regenerated every time a page is loaded.
This is quite a bit of extra load.  Enough so that I wonder if sidebar
should be disabled by default.  Alternatively, we need to do some sort
of caching of the tree so that it does not need to be rebuilt on every
page click.  Maybe do absolute time caching (e.g. we only rebuild the
tree every 'refresh_time' minutes - when the page is loaded, the next
refresh will be the difference between the next refresh time and the
current time).

michael