[dev] Change how to select IMP view

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jul 28 15:40:27 UTC 2010

How about changing (or rather extending) the way how the user can
change the IMP view? We should make it easier for users to prefer a
different IMP view if they don't log in through IMP.
We could make it a preference like in Kronolith, defaulting to use
DIMP (this would also promote DIMP better). A combination of this
preference and browser capability sniffing (also like in Kronolith)
then decides whether to use the IMP or DIMP (or even MIMP) interface.
This "calculated" default value should also be the default when
displaying the selection widget on the IMP login screen. This could
still be displayed and used to override the default.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/