[dev] [commits] Horde branch newprefsui created. 6e6599dfe74533b868cb0aaa80eeb6a2d482ce92

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Aug 3 05:43:19 UTC 2010

Chipping away at the TODO list...

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>>    library (will eventually move other things out of Prefs too, including
>>    Category Management and Identity code, since this is code that overlays
>>    the Prefs driver in a Horde-specific manner)
>
> Category management can be dropped altogether (beside what we still
> might need for migration) because categories are being replaced by
> tags.

Looks like a bunch of stuff is still using the category code.  It
still exists in the preferences also.  I'm not familiar enough with
the category code to know if it is ok to rip it out (except for
conversion code) so another pair of eyes on this would be great.  As
it stands, CategoryManager is still in horde/Prefs even though it has
massive core dependencies.

> I think the Identity should stay in Prefs because it might be useful
> for non-Horde code too. It could be turned into a more flexible
> preference-grouping class though, so that any prefs can easily be
> added to an identity, allowing multiple values for those
> preferences. This was the original idea behind Identities anyway.

I've abstracted out some horde-specific stuff (e-mail verification;
pref names) so Horde_Prefs_Identity is no longer dependant on
horde/Core.

Horde_Prefs_Kolab could easily be moved inside of the core factory,
but is that file even being used anymore?  The copyright dates stop at
2007 and there is a KolabImap driver anyway.

Finally, the LDAP driver needs to be rewritten ASAP to use Horde_Ldap.
  There are all sorts of core dependencies in there that need to be
cleaned up.

But the base class, SQL, and session drivers are good to go.

michael